Quality Assurance Manager
Carson City, NV
Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager will manage daily line quality and preventative control programs for the manufacturing and warehouse areas. Provides and oversees and directs QA technical support to production line and warehouse operations within the facility. In coordination with Manager – Quality Systems ensures QA department meets compliance, customers, and company requirements including department goals and objectives.
- Directly supervise production line QA department employees, including active performance management and career development activities
- Provides necessary definition, development and deployment of product quality assurance strategy, addressing implementation of product development activities
- Ensures delivery against QA production goals and objectives, i.e. meeting commitments, audits and coordinating overall production quality assurance schedule
- Troubleshoots quality issues and customer complaints where root cause investigation determination is a “quality control failure”. Works with plant management to revise procedures and training to prevent recurrence
- Acts as liaison between Operation personnel and quality assurance team in meeting all established programs
- Assures an effective HACCP / Food Safety Plan is implemented. Leads regular meetings with an active and functional Food Safety Team
- Responsible to ensure cheese and ingredient materials used for production are appropriate to their intended purpose
- Manages quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of all teams
- Anticipates product release delays and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments
- Investigates customer complaints, and analyzes customer feedback to improve the quality and performance of the organization
- Understands to a high level all operational phases of the company to better implement new programs and manage all process controls effectively
- Provides back-up to the Manager – Quality Systems when required
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Tamra Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor’s Degree in scientific discipline (Dairy/Food science preferred), with 10+ years of work experience in food industry
- At least 5 years management experience
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment, and be familiar with laboratory and microbiology testing, quality assurance principles, sanitation and environmental programs, statistics, HACCP and SQF standards. Must be experienced working with computers and designated software programs as required to perform job functions. Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and have the ability to interact positively with others within the department and the organization. Must be able to supervise
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Tamra Sanders at 815.756.1221 / email@example.com.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Sr. Technical Recruiter/Food and Beverage
Specialties: All Food and Beverage Industries positions including: Product Development, Research, Sensory, Nutrition, Culinary, Flavorist, Applications, Analytical, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Technical Service, Ingredients, and B2B Ingredient Sales.
Experience: I have 10+ years of experience in recruiting and the last 5 years in Food and Beverage. I partner with small and big Food and Beverage companies (CPG and Ingredient) throughout the US helping them secure GREAT employees.