Quality Assurance Supervisor
Quality Assurance Supervisor
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is an integral member of the site team. The Quality Assurance Supervisor responsibilities are to oversee the daily tasks of the quality department including maintaining quality assurance programs as per Company Policies and Procedures. The Quality Assurance Supervisor must be able to communicate and interact with all levels of personnel and assimilate pertinent information and data. The Supervisor must possess the ability to manage multiple activities as well as urgent requests in a professional and timely manner.
Excellent understanding of principles of Food Safety, Laboratory Safety and Quality Assurance and Control with ability to train fellow employees and facilitate plant wide programs.
- PCQI certified and work with the QA Manager to oversee the requirements of FSMA and product releases
- Direct oversight of the daily work activities of the Quality Staff
- 25% of time to be spent on the shop floor for coaching & training for staff, focus on Quality Culture and other critical areas
- Oversight of the analytical testing program and micro releases
- Manage sensory program, releases and training
- Manage customer requirements for retail business: Wilton, Hershey, and other future customers
- Completion of CAPA reports for critical customer complaints.
- Compile reports for BC KPI’s, Supplier NCR’s, GMP, First Time Right
- Serve as acting QA Manager in the absence of the site Quality Manager
- Possess excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Supervise staff (multiple shifts, 24/7 operation) as well as develop direct reports
- Know and understand Food Safety Principles: HACCP, GMPs, and Allergens etc.
- Know and understand Laboratory Testing Techniques, Methodologies, Safety Principles and GLPs
- Know and understand Principles of Food Microbiology
- Know and understand Quality Assurance and Control principles as they relate to the daily QA activities
- Directly supervise work and activities of QA Staff
- Directly interact with internal departments and other functional areas to facilitate QA operations
- Ensure that new and current staff is trained properly according to BC protocol in quality, analytical, sensory micro and food safety test procedures and methods
- Oversee the lab supplies and inventory
- Know and understand thoroughly the laboratory instrumentation and equipment including calibration and preventive maintenance
- Ensure data is entered into the Quality Module of SAP accurately and in a timely manner
- Oversee analytical sensory testing, review results and communicate non conformances, maintain appropriate Non-Conformance logs
- Submit reports QA Manger: First time quality, KPI, Food Safety, GMP, Internal Audits as required
- Participate in third party and internal audits as assigned (BRC, Customer, and Regulatory)
- Participate in CAPA and its follow up
- Oversee plant-wide training as well as specific plant employee training as it pertains to principles of Food Safety, Laboratory Safety and Quality Systems.
- Perform projects and special requests as assigned (site committees, continuous improvement)
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others please contact Mary Rigas at email@example.com.
- 4-Year Science Degree
- 5 years’ experience
- High level of computer competency
- Supervisory experience
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Rigas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section Manager/ Sr. Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting talent within the Food and Beverage Industry and proud to be part of CPS, Inc., which is on Forbes Top 20 Recruiting Firms list for 2017.
Being a manager and senior recruiter in the Food & Beverage group, our specialties include product development, quality, nutrition, regulatory, sensory, flavor development and application from entry level to executive.
I am part of a team of seven which provides more positions for candidates to consider and more candidates for client companies to consider. We pride ourselves in building long lasting relationships and assisting both candidates and client companies in achieving their goals.