The Quality Manager will be responsible for the oversight of all aspects of quality control to ensure that the product is of good standard and meets all internal specifications, compliance and regulatory requirements. This position will be responsible for multiple QA techs, and will report directly to the GM.
- Improve and provide continuous development of the company’s food safety program, based on industry standards and advancements in the food safety arena
- Work closely with Operations and Procurement to assure a smooth operating supply chain for the various raw materials purchases in its pursuit of the best ingredients for the optimum price
- Lead customer and consumer response protocols around issues or concerns involving food-safety and quality; work with customer, consumer, regulatory, and company personnel to investigate and resolve crisis situations to a successful resolution
- Lead vendor approvals in concert with CFO, on-boarding in coordination with HR as well as owning incoming materials specifications development and assessment plans
- Responsible for the oversight of activities involved in assuring safety and quality of all products produced, and that those activities meet company service, quality, cost, safety and management’s objectives
- Responsible for the compliance, implementation, maintenance, continuous improvement and oversight of programs including, but not limited to: HACCP & SQF
- SOP’s & SSOP’s
- Tracking ingredient and product (Traceability – Lot Tracking)
- Supplier certification
- Measuring quality and safety of ingredients for WIP and finished product
- Measuring controls for the environment
- Labeling requirements for products
- Responsible for review of production and quality standards at the various company operations
- Conduct internal food-safety and quality audits at plants and co-packing facilities
- Maintaining product safety and wholesomeness to their consumers
- Drive operational fundamentals and continually focus on improvement with contractual manufacturers with 3 PL’s. Additionally, with regard to the scope of GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) Key Elements, develop, execute annual audit plans to verify compliance
- Attend all company plant audits
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Damon Wickmann at email@example.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant scientific discipline is preferred
- Leadership is a must, should be in a QA Supervisor/Manager role at minimum with 3 years of management experience. Current QA Managers highly encouraged for this role
- Broad knowledge of quality management and food safety management systems
- Knowledge of and experience with necessary quality assurance standards (i.e. Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Proven leadership, organizational and inter-personal skills. Ability/desire to thrive in a highly visible role
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with internal and/or external parties
- Problem solving skills in a complex and fast-moving environment
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Damon Wickmann at dwickmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have always been an advocate of life and career strategy management.
I am also a 'Foodie' at heart and love recruiting for food and beverage companies.
My background in education has provided me tools to support my passion for helping talented people with career advancement.
I have transitioned from college advising to career recruiting where I combine that with my other passion - Food!
I recruit excellent people for the food industry and the science behind what we eat and drink. This includes research and development in the lab through commercialization and the quality people behind the scenes that make it all happen. I look forward to speaking with you soon.