R&D Manager Mining Chemicals
Tampa, FL US
R&D Manager Mining Chemicals
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Global Mining Technologies and in conjunction with R&D leadership and commercial functions, this position is responsible for identifying key research areas in mining chemicals both in terms of chemistry, formulation and physico-chemical characterization methodologies. Develops patent protected solutions, establishes relationships with customers, engineering companies and universities. This role can supervise up to 3 staff.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with leadership to identify gaps and propose research programs for the same. Uses structure property principles to develop next generation solutions
- Understands company lab and pilot synthesis and manufacturing expertise and works collaboratively with synthesis team to design next generation solutions
- Works with Sr. Director of Technology and Innovation to develop IP portfolio, performs active monitoring of competitive & potential technology partners & scientific landscape
- Identify and establish joint R&D programs with universities, outside labs, development partners, and other company labs to enhance our own capabilities, proposes associated budget
- Performs all chemistry and physics techniques with minimal supervision and interfaces / collaborates with other analysts
- Provides technical support and expertise to internal and external customers / partners including R&D, Technical Services, EHS and Corporate Social Responsibility Team
- Develops new analytical procedures, new techniques, reverse engineering, and measurement technologies for characterizing and evaluating the quality and performance of our products and raw materials, proposes associated capital investment
- Demonstrates leadership in promoting a safe workplace by active participation in safety improvement, complies with all regulatory and company requirements
- Presents work ats the internal and external meetings; prepares and reviews development reports efficiently and on schedule; ensures data quality and traceability in shared files for further and future analysis
- Support business strategies and initiatives at key customers by building relationships with key stakeholders
- Limited travel, up to 25%
**If you’d like to hear more a about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Kemp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The position requires a Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry, Chemistry, or Materials/Polymers Science or Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in the mining/cleaning/crop protection/metal working/oilfield/textile industry (or 12+ years’ experience in mining chemicals with a Bachelor’s degree)
- Demonstrated technical excellence which delivers significant commercial impact in a globalized business
- Demonstrated innovation track record. Strong communication skills, customer interface and track record for uncovering opportunities
- Being organized, self-motivated, and capable of multi-tasking, working both independently and within a collaborative environment
- Experience with surfactants, foam characterization GC/MS, HPLC, ICP, XRF is a plus
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Kemp at email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr Market Recruiting Specialist
Senior Level Recruitment Professional with more than 19 years of experience in the recruitment and placement of Industrial Chemists and Scientists Nationwide from Entry level to Executive level. Resins, Adhesives, Coatings, Plastics, Lubricants, specialty chemicals, additives, inks, and more!!
I have been very successful bringing top valued talent to my clients, and providing expert level guidance to candidates in career searches.