Ames, IA 50010
$10B global chemical manufacturer that is a leader in their marketplace is looking for a Regional Buyer to add to their procurement team. This person will work in the Animal Feed Additives division and be responsible for an annual spend of $50-70M of feed additives, ingredients, minerals, and enzymes.
Company is looking for someone with 3+ years’ experience in a strategic procurement role.
Company is offering a base salary of $95-100K plus bonus.
- Purchase the required products/services at the lowest possible cost
- Participate and support in functional areas
- Contribute to all elements of the Regional DNP Purchasing Strategy
- Report status of saving initiatives regionally and to the Global Category Managers
- Develop and implement sourcing activities for regional categories
- Manage/evaluate contract compliance, data management and supplier performance
- Evaluate and renew contract by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for reduction of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Collect and manage internal customers feedback & supplier performance (based on defined KPIs)
- Develop and manage relationships with existing and new suppliers and track their performance
- Lead Procurement Department through internal corporate and external audits for raw materials and packaging items.
- Work closely with QA/QC to improve and ensure supplier quality service and reliability.
- Perform supplier on-site audits when necessary.
- Forecast and provide budget figures for raw materials.
- Bachelor or master in business administration, commerce, engineering or other related experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar function or other functional management
I work with clients and candidates on a national basis- filling positions specific to Supply Chain and Procurement. Focus is on chemical, food, and industrial verticals; covering all of supply chain management, procurement, planning, logistics, and transportation. I work with all levels, from buyers/analysts to VP level.
My goal is to provide the best candidates to client companies, while maximizing those candidates' opportunity for career growth.