Regional HR Manager
Houston, TX 77012
- Identifies trends and provide guidance to management to mitigate employee relations issues and promote a positive work culture. Assists the plant teams in implementing action plans that improve employee engagement
- Diagnoses performance concerns/opportunities and identify root causes, offering effective solutions
- Provide labor consultation to plant leaders in unionized facilities regarding contract interpretation, grievance analysis and process administration and arbitration prep.
- Utilizes data driven metrics to make recommendations to improve organizational and business effectiveness
- Facilitates annual performance and merit review process which includes coaching managers on writing and conducting effective performance reviews and adapting/providing feedback on new approaches, policies and procedures for continual improvement of the performance management process
- Develops People strategy focused on leadership development, talent acquisition, labor productivity, employee engagement and compliance
- Serves as a resource for all employees in the assigned region by being available and accessible to discuss all human resource related issues
- Mediates employee concerns and/or complaints.
- Conducts thorough investigations and develops solutions to complex employee issues and concerns
- Maintains thorough and current knowledge of Human Resources, employee regulations and Federal, State and local employment laws
- Provides direction and support to field HRM and plant service coordinators
- Manages the staffing process including sourcing, interviewing, offer preparation and onboarding
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
Minimum of 5 -7 years in Human Resources with at least 3 years administering Labor Relations in unionized manufacturing facilities.
Strategic thinker with the demonstrated understanding of the implications of decisions
Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in person and over the phone
- Expert coaching, counseling and communication (verbal, written and presentation/facilitation) skills
- Must have effective investigation skills.
- Experience with talent management, including recruitment, succession planning, and employee development
- Demonstrated ability to provide HR support for multi-location, multi-state sites
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships with remote teams
- Excellent communicator with all levels of the organization including strong written and presentation skills
- Expert knowledge of human resource practices, applicable state, federal and local laws and regulations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of the industrial/manufacturing industry
- Effective computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Power Point and Word
- Willing to travel ~50% of the time, sometimes with short notice
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”