Regulatory Compliance Manager
Regulatory Compliance Manager
This role will have a primary focus on coordinating, developing, implementing, and ensuring companywide food safety and quality compliance programs, standards and systems.
General job duties include submitting compliance reports to regulatory organizations, performing internal audits on the effectiveness of compliance policies, and serving as a liaison between management and personnel. The regulatory compliance manager shall also create and maintain files of investigation results of complaints and customer issues. The regulatory compliance manager shall stay abreast of current industry trends and new regulations in order to analyze their impact on the organization. The regulatory compliance manager shall also maintain and direct organizational reporting systems like the consumer hotline and notify personnel of its availability and use. They may also assist with creating and implementing cost savings methods and financial activities like reporting, contracts, or invoices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a safe and harmonious work environment and adherence to company policy and procedures; Promote and provide excellent customer service with all customers (Internal and External); as well as foster an “open door” policy for all employees to maintain an open line of communication between co-workers and management staff; evaluate job performance of direct reports; coach, mentor, and develop subordinate positions into becoming more effective in their roles
- Review and approve label changes, nutrient claims and company website claims; collaborate with facility QA teams and plant leadership personnel to develop quality requirements, procedures, and specifications for new products, processes, packages, and supplier / co-packer quality improvements
- Shall maintain all document submissions required for certifications and customer requests
- Shall ensure compliance to all regulations pertaining to the production of dairy products for all company locations
- Oversee compliance to Safe Quality Foods certification requirements for all company locations and conduct the internal auditing of the SQF system at each operating site
- Responsible for the supplier audit program in conjunction with the Purchasing group; developing and maintaining a company Supplier Quality Manual describing company requirements as well as investigating and creating a database of Supplier and Co-packer quality issues and corrective actions. Also includes Certificate of Analysis review on incoming product and ingredient auditing to determine performance of Suppliers
- Monitor the verification and validation activities at the company locations, ensuring all products leaving the manufacturing sites meet documented Food Safety and Quality plans and regulatory requirements
- Ensure timely investigation and responses to all complaints as well as compile and publish a monthly report of complaint incident rates; aid in developing KPI’s driven by complaint trending data
- Act as the company administrator for the International Compliance Information Exchange (ICIX), Aspect, and all other customer required databases
- Oversee compliance with S.Q.F. – Food Safety and Quality codes at all company facilities by developing, executing and reassessing as necessary, SQF plans to achieve and maintain certification; maintaining all required registries; ensuring all sites meets the SQF system requirements (ex: Document Control and Records, Specifications, Food Safety, Product Identification, Trace and Recall, etc.); overseeing plant compliance, interactions, and relationships with the SQF Certification Body
- Lead and support special projects and assignments as necessary to support the business objectives
- There will be 25% travel in this position
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Sam Kovacevic at email@example.com.
- Highly preferred bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or food science
- Minimum 2 years of direct or related experience involved with regulatory compliance, supplier development programs and auditing (certified auditor training preferred)
- Must be open to travel up to 25% of the time
*If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Sam Kovacevic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proven recruiter with 15 years of experience specializing in the Food and Beverage sector.
Strategic, Independent Recruiting Professional. Uniquely experienced in providing qualified candidates to a broad scope of companies with talent needs. Passionate Leader who takes a trusted advisory approach to making an impact and finding the best talent available.