To contribute to the achievement of Company objectives by supporting the short, medium and long-term research and development support for all-company products and/or processes. This work is primarily in the development of new or improved products, new or improved processes, and new technologies, including the utilization of analytical methods and techniques, as well as product scale-up and transfer to production with support for initial production trial batches.
This role has significant impact on company by finding new ways of using and producing existing products and determining usefulness and applicability of new products and processes to better meet customer needs. Since this role supports all business units, the employee will have the opportunity for cross-business project leadership and significant commercial team interactions, as well as the ability to provide effective functional leadership and accountability to the technology organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use knowledge of routine laboratory safety procedures, SDS’s and interpretations of hazards / toxicity data to perform all laboratory work in accordance with the written safety manual and site safety policies
- Be a steward for safety and continually drive awareness to ensure a safe work environment for all employees
- Use knowledge of chemistry and/or chemical engineering principles to lead and provide direction or general support to research and development team for products including product formulation and development, process development, competitive analysis, analytical method and technique development and field process support
- Understand formulation procedures and technologies and incorporate this understanding into applications that add value to customer products and processes
- Develop, improve, and customize products, equipment, formulas, processes and methods
- Confer with Company scientists and commercial teams to conduct analyses of research projects, interpret test results, or develop non-standard tests
- Write technical papers and reports and prepare standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products and tests
- Maintain accurate records of all laboratory work and research in accordance with generally accepted laboratory principles
- Provide detailed written reports of all completed projects with recommendations for future research and development efforts
- Use knowledge of scale-up and troubleshooting procedures in conjunction with experience developed from bench top work to develop detailed new product technology transfer packages to support the development of manufacturing procedures and process development
- Provide technical support to cross-functional groups such as sales and marketing, product stewardship, sustainability, regulatory, technical service and QC
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently on, please contact Crystal Meeks at 815.756.1221 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PhD in Chemistry and/or M.S. in Chemical Engineering is required
- Thesis and/or professional experience performing synthetic organic chemistry and/or scale-up is essential
- Post-Doctoral experience is a plus
- Up to 5 years of industrial experience in synthesis for new product development, product reformulation and success in brining new products to full scale production
- Experience with oleochemicals, esterification and alkoxylation is a plus
- Detailed individual with strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems and to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to influence and work in cross functional teams
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Crystal Meeks at 815.756.1221 / email@example.com.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Our Industrial Laboratory Recruitment Team specializes in placing candidates at all levels of the chemical development cycle from Laboratory Technicians to Executive Leadership in Research. I joined CPS in 2011 as a full cycle recruiter and have expertise in the following areas:
Technical Leadership ~ Product Development ~ Organic and Polymer Synthesis
Formulation ~ Research & Development
Application Chemistry ~ Technical Service
Process Chemistry ~ Analytical Chemistry ~ Method Development
Regulatory Compliance ~ EH&S ~ Quality Assurance ~ Quality Control
My recruitment philosophy encompasses the belief that people are the greatest asset in an organization. Finding the right fit is not only about the technology. It is about how an employee fits within an organization's culture and ensuring that both parties can add value to each other immediately and in the future.
If you have interest in finding an opportunity that aligns with your career goals, or if you are a hiring manager looking for talent that can add value to your organization, I would love to hear from you!