Retirement Plan Administrator (Remote)
Mobile, AL US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
***This is an entirely remote position - location was added to be discovered on job boards***
The Retirement Plan Administrator will act as the single point of contact for a group of existing Retirement Plan Services clients. Must be familiar with all aspects of plan administration including required testing, Form 5500 preparation, and plan design, and regulations related to the retirement plan.
The Retirement Plan Administrator will develop and demonstrate a basic understanding of retirement plans with the goal of helping our clients manage their retirement plans appropriately.
- Performs all facets of daily plan administration including processing of contributions, loans, distributions, hardship withdrawals, and QDROs.
- Consistently provides a high level of customer service in terms of response rate and problem resolution.
- Performs nondiscrimination and other testing and providing strategic alternatives for correction of failures and presents options to improve future nondiscrimination test results.
- Prepares signature ready Forms 5500 and other government fillings.
- Effectively communicates the necessary regulatory information and testing requirements to clients in a way that can be easily understood by individuals who are not in the business.
- Reviews, interprets and maintains the legal plan documents in order to assist clients in ensuring plan compliance with current IRS/DOL regulations.
- Remains current with the laws and regulations for retirement plan administration.
- Works with internal associates, clients, and vendors to ensure accurate and timely response to all outstanding client/plan issues.
- Works with all associates in a manner that fosters mutual respect and teamwork.
Desired Skills and Experience
- ASPPA Credentials are always appreciated
- MUST HAVE FT.Williams or Relius
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to manage client expectations and provide superior follow-up service.
- Advanced working knowledge and understanding of retirement plan administration and associated regulations and IRS tax rules.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to ensure the daily projection of a professional customer-focused image.
- Must be a team player but also work well independently, have a strong ability to problem solve and must pay close attention to detail.
Meet Your Recruiter
I Joined CPS, inc’s Employee Benefits division earlier this year and feel like I’ve found my home. I recruit at all levels of experience within the qualified and nonqualified retirement plan industry. My expertise includes Talent Acquisition, Employee Onboarding & Assessment, Staff Development, Salary Analysis, Management Consulting, Career Consultation, and Candidate Generation. When I’m not in the office I enjoy spending time with my friends and family. You can find me refereeing for IHSA on the weekends and perfecting my euro-step like Lebron… Even though he travels… Get in touch with me about opportunities or if you want to chat about the latest games.