Sales Manager, Adhesives
Chicago, IL US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
• Increase sales, market share and profitability of reactive hot melt and other industrial adhesives to new and existing accounts.
• Negotiate sales contracts to new and existing accounts to be finalized in order to secure sales volumes when appropriate.
• Provide assistance in coordinating efforts of reactive hot melt and other industrial adhesive technical service personnel.
• Provide commercial support to distributor sales personnel if requested.
• Utilize CRM platform to develop an opportunity pipeline and document customer and market interactions
• Provide input on competition and industry trends with respect to the afore mentioned products.
• Assist in the selection of products to be promoted in the region
• Support the development of our brand at trade shows and other industrial events
• Participates in all safety related activities and meetings.
• Performs above mentioned responsibilities safely, ethically and in compliance with all federal and state regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• College degree preferred with business, chemical or chemical engineering focus.
• Minimum of 5 years of direct sales of successful adhesive sales experience preferably with a preference of at least 2 years of reactive hot melt sales
• Technical knowledge of polyurethane adhesive products including reactive hot melts
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft systems including Outlook and Excel.
• Ability to use CRM software for opportunities, call reports, and competitive information
• Must have excellent communication skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Section Manager, Chemical Sales and Marketing Recruitment
I specialize in placing people with backgrounds in Sales, Marketing, and Business Development with Industrial Chemical and Materials companies throughout the U.S. I place people in roles ranging from early career through VP and specialize in positions in Polymers, Coatings, Adhesives, Specialty Chemicals, Personal Care, Oilfield, Water Treatment, and Composites, to name a few. Our focus at CPS is very specific and our knowledge of the industry very deep from over forty years of working in our markets.