Detroit, MI US
Responsible for product development within innovation / renovation projects for Nutrition Meals & Drinks Category. Taking active role in qualifying and onboarding new ingredients, performing technical line trials, developing innovative approaches, and providing technical expertise while working for a world class organization and developing your career.
- Support the qualification and onboarding of new ingredients needed to support the Meals and Drinks product portfolio. This includes working with company systems to onboard new and existing suppliers on ingredients, managing factory line trials and ensuring that the ingredients are within compliance for company standards and meet the key quality attributes of the finished product
- Provide first line support to internal and external factories by acting as the coach and training resource for product mastership and providing knowledge transfer to build capacity for the factories to troubleshoot when issues occur. Provide technical support to eliminate the root cause of issues that are identified through technical assistance requests
- Introduction of new products/processes within factories and external manufacturers. Collaborate and influence internal and external project teams (Teams are made up on R&D Product Development, Project Management, Quality, Regulatory, Engineering, Packaging, Factory, Marketing, Co-Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Supply Chain, etc.) to develop, industrialize, and launch on a complex range of innovation and renovation projects
- Continuously improve/optimize current products and processes within factories and external manufacturers according to local business needs. Lead technical projects including technical assistance, sourcing, quality improvements, compliance, and productivity cost savings. This includes establishing and managing timelines, uncovering roadblocks, defining critical paths, and identifying resource constraints
- Ensure adherence to all quality/compliance by design, technical acceptance and mandatory release standards. Comply with company requirements (Compliance assessment tool), external standards, and local regulatory/framework
- Develop expertise for product/process mastership within TAG. Define, develop, and coach the competencies and training materials required for product/process mastership to enable manufacturing excellence. Provide guidance and input to Operations for Standard Operating Procedures
- Continuous improvement of technical skills and personal development. Provide coaching & mentorship to others to facilitate personal professional development
If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Harris-Rigas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- B.S. Food Science preferred or similar technical engineering degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in product development
- Experience in food, quality or manufacturing experience is preferred
- Experience with aseptic, retort, hot fill technology is preferred
- Experience with fruit & vegetable raw material / puree is preferred
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced, team environment with minimal direct supervision and the ability to adhere to aggressive deadlines
- Interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal communication, organizational skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead project teams making effective use of everyone's time to achieve timely solutions
- Creative/independent thinking, results focused, and ability to impact & convince others
- Administrative skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Globe SAP
- Position requires approximately 25% travel
- Position is not remote
- This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Harris-Rigas at email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
Section Manager/ Sr. Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting talent within the Food and Beverage Industry and proud to be part of CPS, Inc., which is on Forbes Top 20 Recruiting Firms list for 2017.
Being a manager and senior recruiter in the Food & Beverage group, our specialties include product development, quality, nutrition, regulatory, sensory, flavor development and application from entry level to executive.
I am part of a team of seven which provides more positions for candidates to consider and more candidates for client companies to consider. We pride ourselves in building long lasting relationships and assisting both candidates and client companies in achieving their goals.