Senior Accountant- Private Equity
Chicago, IL 60606
Real estate focused private equity firm focused on the acquisition, development and management of industrial real estate in the greater Chicago area seeks a Senior Accountant to assist with the accounting functions of the commercial real estate business.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Finance and Controller.
• Accounting and financial analysis for a portfolio of commercial real estate assets
• General ledger account analysis and reconciliations, prepare and record journal entries and accruals
• Preparation of financial reporting for 3rd party and joint venture partners, lenders and investors
• Oversee property level budgets and review of variance reports
• Prepare and oversee construction draws
• Assist Vice President of Finance (CFO) and Controller with various accounting projects as assigned
• Oversee and manage two staff level accountants
What do we look for in our Senior Accountant candidate?
• A professional, team-oriented attitude combined with a business maturity level reflective of the position, the Accounting team and the firm as an organization
• Be deadline driven, able to prioritize, have strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Thorough understanding of key financial statements
• Intuitive analytical thought processes enabling critical self-evaluation of work product
• Self-starting attitude
• 2-3 years’ experience in public accounting or commercial real estate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business/CPA Preferred
• Excellent computer skills including all Microsoft Office programs, experience with Yardi Voyager and MRI a plus