Senior Chemist, Aerospace Coatings
Senior Chemist, Aerospace Coatings
The Senior Chemist within the Aerospace team is accountable for making contributions to maintenance and growth of aerospace coating business segment within company. This chemist will have the responsibility to provide high quality coating products to aerospace customers globally, including general aviation and commercial. The chemist will play a lead role on new product development / Commercialization for aerospace market, modify/reformulate existing products to meet customers’ needs, work with Marketing/Sales on product QPL certification for OEMs and AMS 3095 (Aerospace Materials Specification), and provide technical resolutions to problems / issues in the field.
- Leads new product development / commercialization projects through planning, executing, and analysis of experiments with clear and accurate results. Activities include:
- Formulation development, modification and testing of new coating systems
- Manufacturing support of new product scale-up
- Technical support for application / fabrication trials at customer sites
- Communication of results and conclusions, written and/or verbal, to Technical, Marketing, Sales and external customers as necessary
- Comprehends AMS (Aerospace Materials Specification) and Aerospace OEM specifications and conduct spray-outs and specification testing to acquire QPL certification
- Interacts with internal and external customers and finds solutions to complex technical problems (product/process)
- Demonstrates significant knowledge and use of chemicals, raw materials, substrates, application equipment and testing equipment
- Works within a team environment and provide support to other team members on projects and team needs
- Performs daily tasks following company PCG quality system
- Works safely and maintains a safe work environment. Maintains and operates a variety of laboratory equipment in a safe and efficient manner
**If you would like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Kemp at 815.756.1221 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science / Engineering. Prefer Master’s degree or higher in a Science related area
- 3+ years in coating specific industry experience
- 5-7 years of lab experience
- 5-7 years of automotive / aerospace coatings experience
- Proven track record of successful new product development, scale up and commercialization
- Industry experience, preferably in development, formulation and testing of polymer based coating systems
- Excellent project planning, prioritizing and executing capability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to develop and present detailed complex presentations to upper management and customers
- Strong project leadership capabilities requiring minimal direct supervision
- Highly motivated with proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills preferred
- In-depth understanding of coating formulation and polymer structure-property relationship
- Knowledge of DOE and DFSS
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Kemp at 815.756.1221 / email@example.com.
Sr Market Recruiting Specialist
Senior Level Recruitment Professional with more than 19 years of experience in the recruitment and placement of Industrial Chemists and Scientists Nationwide from Entry level to Executive level. Resins, Adhesives, Coatings, Plastics, Lubricants, specialty chemicals, additives, inks, and more!!
I have been very successful bringing top valued talent to my clients, and providing expert level guidance to candidates in career searches.