Senior Chemist - Deck and Fence Stain
Dallas, TX US
Senior Chemist – Deck and Fence Stain
The Senior Chemist investigates and develops coatings pertinent to the projects assigned by the R&D Laboratory Manager and/or the VP of Technology.
The Senior Chemist position is a leadership role in the R&D lab. This person is an independent formulator of coatings and knows how to assess the properties of the coatings vs. competitive products and within the company product line. He/she assists the Technology management by giving advice to other R&D Team members about testing procedures, formulation, processes, and safety procedures. He/she runs multiple projects from start to finish, providing data and explanations about the projects to the Technology management during the development stage, documenting work in his/her notebook and writing a final report on each project. The Senior Chemist assists in scale-up of new products by advising QC and the plant during initial plant production. This person will be doing both new product development and reformulating, how much depends on the candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for his/her research assignments from inception to completion and will coordinate the use of all available resources to ensure the continued progress of his/her projects
- Will assist in the training of the laboratory technicians and Chemist I personnel and will provide additional supervision on matters relevant to their shared assignments
- All tests and reports relating to the project must be completed by the due date designated by the Lab Manager and/or VP of Technology
- Must communicate the progress of the project with the R&D Lab Manager, Technical Director, VP of Technology, and/or salesmen who submitted the project
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by management
- All Chemists and Technicians are responsible for the cleanliness and order of working areas being used for each project
- The Senior Chemist has the authority to determine how best to plan and execute projects. This position will document all findings and complete a written assessment that will go to the R&D Project owners and marketing describing new product performance. This position will oversee the project as it moves to QC and scale-up
If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Kemp at email@example.com.
- BS in Chemistry or relevant field with 10 years’ experience formulating Fence and Deck stains.
- Should have a strong color background
- Be able to work math problems with percentages and ratios
- Must know the metric system for conversion
- Be able to produce results with little direct supervision
- Be able to operate Microsoft Office software
- Have an in-depth understanding of the differences in products and application
- Must have (or be capable of developing) a complete understanding of application equipment
- Must have a complete understanding of coating systems
- Should have ability to formulate colors (color test to be administered)
- Have a familiarity with solvents & additives and their correlations in coatings
- Have a familiarity with testing parameters; KCMA, AWI, ASTM, etc…
- Be able to communicate between departments and remain objective
- Must be self-motivated and aggressive in his/her approach to problem solving
- Must be progressive in his/her thought process and practice good scientific procedure
- Is expected to continuously advance his/her knowledge of the field in which he/she works. He/she will attend educational assemblies of all forms, as agreed to by the Technical Director, to improve his/her understanding of the company’s business
- Must possess a high work ethic, moral, personal integrity and honesty
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Kemp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr Market Recruiting Specialist
Senior Level Recruitment Professional with more than 19 years of experience in the recruitment and placement of Industrial Chemists and Scientists Nationwide from Entry level to Executive level. Resins, Adhesives, Coatings, Plastics, Lubricants, specialty chemicals, additives, inks, and more!!
I have been very successful bringing top valued talent to my clients, and providing expert level guidance to candidates in career searches.