Senior Pension Actuarial Associate
New York, NY
Provide actuarial services and consulting advice to clients regarding their benefit programs including defined benefit, defined contribution and health and welfare plans. You will lead consulting projects, oversee multiple, concurrent consulting assignments and follow through with clients at senior decision making levels to implement recommendations. Consultants also participate in and contribute to people development in the office.
- Perform benefit calculations and prepare actuarial valuations.
- Providing advice to Chief Financial Officers and Human Resource Officers of mid to large size companies regarding their retirement and other benefit programs.
- Reviewing and Managing annual pension valuations for clients
- Managing projects including plan terminations, merger & acquisition, compliance, plan amendments and plan designs
- Training associate consultants and analysts to ensure continued development of the staff.
- Preparing reports for client presentations
- Completing and reviewing required compliance tasks (government forms and non-discrimination testing).
- Managing client budgets and set expectations and client deadlines. Provide comprehensive documentation on your clients.
- Preparing responses to RFPs and RFIs for new prospects and participate in new business meetings with prospects.
- You are knowledgeable in benefit program design, legislative, account and regulatory requirements (IRS/DOL/FAS/PBGC/ERISA/409A/PPA).
- You have strong interpersonal and leadership skills including the ability to build relationships at all organizational levels
- You have demonstrated experience in the ability to negotiate with other business partners
- You have superior teamwork skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferably with a concentration in mathematics or actuarial science
- A.S.A., E.A. or F.S.A., E.A. credentials
- 3-6 plus years of experience in a pension and benefit consulting firm
Keywords for Searchability: Pension, Senior, Sr., IRS DOL FAS PBGC ERISA 409A PPA Actuary Actuarial Benefit consulting consultants consultancy consult manager management experienced tenured financial employee welfare merger acquisition chicago lakeview gold coast logan square 60606 RFP RFI prospects
Meet Your Recruiter
Retirement & Actuarial Executive Recruiter
- Why you're looking for a new position
- Why you're interested (or not) in a certain opportunity
I'm confident in my ability to ask enough questions, listen, and truly understand the various factors when making career decisions.
For every 3 candidates that get an interview through me, 1 gets hired. Let me help you find your next home in the retirement industry.
Born, bred, and fed in Chicago. I was a bandwagon Blackhawks fan in 2013, but have since been accepted into that fan community! I come from a big family where the rice and kabobs are always flowing at Sunday dinners.
"I had the pleasure of working with Arbella for 2 months while changing jobs and it could not have been a greater experience. Arbella has the ability to make you feel like you are her only client, which is something that can be hard to find when working with recruiters. She was awesome with guiding me through the interview process, coordinating interview times with my future employer and gathering feedback. Arbella was always quick to follow up with me and never left me in the dark. If you are looking for a new opportunity in the retirement services industry you couldn’t be in better hands."
Check out my other recommendations on Linkedin.