Senior Procurement Specialist-
Senior Procurement Specialist- Richmond, VA: Global chemical manufacturer with $2.5B in annual revenue is looking to add a key member to their procurement organization. This individual will oversee a direct spend of $200M covering key raw material categories. This position will also manage relationships with co-producers, so having some commercial/account management experience is preferred. Company is looking for a highly strategic individual who has strong chemical or raw materials experience in the global marketplace.
- Responsible for ensuring uninterrupted, cost effective supply of a portfolio of raw materials necessary to support company business goals and operations including but not limited to production facilities, contract manufacturing facilities & resale operations. Position is typically responsible for more than $200MM in annual spend with a significant number of high volume / business critical materials, products or services.
- Manage pricing with defined Tier 1 and Tier 2 co-producers, assist the sales organization with pricing activities for all others. Apply best practice during engagement to reinforce compliance to anti-trust and anti-competition legislation as well as the company's Code of Conduct on doing business fairly.
This client is offering a generous compensation package and full relocation package. Great company culture and opportunity for growth!
Requirements for Senior Procurement Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Economics, Engineering, Math, Chemistry or related field
- Commercial/account management experience is preferred
- Strong chemical or raw materials experience in the global marketplace.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the procurement function and SAP
Meet Your Recruiter
I work with industry leading companies in the food and chemical industries- filling positions specific to Supply Chain and Procurement. Focus is on process manufacturing, chemical, industrial, and food verticals; covering all of supply chain management, procurement, planning, logistics, and transportation. I place individuals all levels, from buyers/analysts to VP level.
My goal is to provide top tier candidates to client companies, while maximizing those candidates' opportunity for career growth.