Senior Project Engineer
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
This Senior Project Engineer will develop and manage capital projects for a large chemical plant. Typical projects are up to the 50MM range.
- Develop scopes of capital projects, compile accurate cost estimates, prepare Authorization for Expenditure documentation (AFE) and request capital funds.
- Prepare bid packages for procurement of outside equipment and services, evaluate bids received, and make award recommendations.
- Budget, design or coordinate design, and manage installation of modifications and upgrades to the facility on time and within 10% of the approved budget. Prepare Project Variation Requests (PVR) if budgets are under or overrun. Prepare Scope Change Requests (SCR) if the project needs change.
- Execute projects through in-house personnel and/or outside contractors as necessary.
- Track project costs and schedule and provide regular status reports.
- Coordinate with operations, maintenance, safety, and environmental departments to ensure the projects safely meets the end user’s needs and are in compliance with all laws/regulations.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred.
Masters of Science is a plus.
Five or more years of experience in capital projects.
Experience in a PSM regulated environment.
Experience with Microsoft Office. Familiar with Primavera, ICARUS, and or equivalent scheduling and estimating software.
Should continually strive to improve skills that add value both individually and to the company.
- A high degree of personal responsibility for assigned project safety, cost, and schedule performance.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with personnel of all backgrounds and be able to manage changing circumstances as plant outages move.
- Strong management skills required, including team leading, decision making, and prioritizing.