Senior Project Engineer
Cincinnati, OH 45246
Manage capital project for this chemical company.
The Senior Project Engineer will be the primary lead for assigned project activity. The jobholder delivers capital projects that achieve their commercial and technical objectives and supports continuous improvement of the project execution system.
· Develop Project execution strategy and transition proposal budget into execution budget. Lead all project phases; engineering (basic and detailed), procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning/start-up to deliver on-time, on-budget, on-performance capital projects.
· Maintain formal project forecasts.
· Report comprehensive project status as required.
· Lead change management processes and make adjustments to project plan as necessary.
· Lead the quality management activities necessary for delivery of contract requirements.
· Lead expediting to maintain schedule
· Provide technical design, analysis, and guidance. Has the decision-making authority on behalf of Mechanical Engineering for system and component design and the responsibilities for guiding and directing applicable IPT technical decisions and accomplishment of objectives.
· Lead and participate in efforts to solve problems with product design, inspection, manufacturing, and test encountered by vendors, company operations personnel, and customers.
· Plan, organize, control, and lead multiple simultaneous projects. Establish and oversee accomplishment of multiple project objectives.
· Serve as primary technical contact for multiple teams and liaison between Mechanical Engineering and internal and external customers.
· Support targets and milestones for project budgets and schedules. Participate in resolving program change of scope issues with Engineering Lead and Program Management.
· Creates and/or guides the creation of technical documents, including Engineering drawings (following ASME Y14.5, ASME Y14.34 standards), test procedures, test reports, and design review material. Present product design and substantiating data and analysis, design findings and recommendations to customers and management.
· Provide leadership, encouragement, mentoring, and coaching to co-workers. Provide direction to other engineers on project teams.
· Ensure standardization of products and adherence to engineering processes across multiple projects. Supports continuous improvement by offering input to standard processes and procedures.
· Anticipate and resolve major program obstacles to maintain overall schedule objectives and to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
· Collaborate with peers and managers to determine key goals, objectives, and corresponding metrics. Review and amend these actions as appropriate. Focus on the timely achievement of these goals and objectives.
· Interpretation of the engineering documents. Coordinate update of engineering documents.
· Component design study and improvement for cost reduction and first time yield.
· Leads and participates in cross-functional Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations. Provide engineering input and technical expertise and sound engineering judgment for failure investigation and for customer-returned hardware.
· Consider Integrity for the critical assets and protective systems on projects.
· Participate in Process Hazard Analysis, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), or other risk assessments
· Aid in the development of inspection programs to maintain mechanical integrity and compliance with all engineering/regulatory codes.
· Support the Management of Change process, as needed, through PHA and PSSR Evaluations
· Lead/participate in incident investigations to identify root causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
· Implement improvement initiatives while promoting the safety culture through the plant.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field, Mechanical Engineering or related degree preferred. 10+ years of related experience, preferably in petrochemicals, EPC firms, industrial gases or similar industries.
• SM process knowledge
• Chemical facility maintenance
• Project management
• Demonstrated industrial/capital project management capabilities, preferably experienced in an EPC or industrial gas or other process industry environment. • Demonstrated expertise in capital project leadership, budget management, scheduling and project forecasting • Possesses a working understanding of the role of each engineering discipline; Process, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Control and Civil and the contracting and management of site construction.