CPS, Inc. http://www.cps4jobs.com http://www.cps4jobs.com true
Senior Property Accountant
Willowbrook, IL 60527 US
Posted: 06/07/2023 2023-06-07 2023-06-14 Industry: Accounting & Finance Job Number: AFMH00059 Experience: 2+ Years
- Responsible for recording all cash transactions daily for all entities.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts (assets, liabilities, and equity) are reconciled on a monthly basis and any issues are brought up with the Controller. Old outstanding items should be cleared out regularly. Re-classify changes on General Ledger as required.
- Prepare/Review monthly bank reconciliations for unusual or long-outstanding items and correct any issues.
- Processes payables regularly and ensures payments are done in a timely manner.
- Reconcile capital asset and depreciation / amortization activity monthly as part of month-end close process.
- In conjunction with Lease Accounting Administrator: Prepare routine and non-routine billings: percentage rent, new tenant, annual recoveries, calendar year billings, utility billings, and special situations.
- In conjunction with Lease Accounting Administrator: Process cash receipts and bank deposits in accordance with predetermined schedule.
- Prepares monthly financial statements accurately and timely
- Have in-depth understanding of operating/investor agreements for each entity and the resulting investor transactions that are recorded
- Optional: Job-Cost Accounting including, but not limited to: Preparing bank draws, creating development and administration fees, budget updates within projects, change orders, and manual payments.
- Assist with periodic cash flow projections and necessary cash funding requests for all entities
- Assist Asset Management and Property Management teams in preparation of the annual budget for assigned properties.
- Communicate with property manager on specific budget line items when an overage occurs.
- Assist with preparation of periodic reforecast budgets for all assigned entities
100% in office position.
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting, account reconciliations, financial statement preparation, preparation of cash flow projections and preparation of operating expense budgets
- Be willing to work at the detail level to ensure transactions are recorded in the proper general ledger account
- Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge of accounting, FS reporting and commercial real estate industry
- Analyze past revenue and expense transactions to better predict future trends in same accounts
- Understand, based on specific operating details, the split between Recoverable and Non-Recoverable expenses for each entity
- Communication: Prepare clear and concise written and verbal communication. Be able to differentiate what type of communication, verbal or written, is needed in a given situation.
- Leadership: Display a team-wide focus by understanding how certain issues need to be handled consistently and be willing to develop team-wide solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting BS preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with commercial real estate accounting software a plus (MRI, Yardi, etc)
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to prioritize workload across multiple tasks, set milestones, and track progress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively and professionally
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high accountability environment