PhD Organometallic Chemist
Covington, TN 38019
The PhD Organometallic Chemist will provide technical leadership at the bench level for process chemistry research. Key accountabilities will include designing process improvements and new processes, designing laboratory experiments, performing bench work to test concepts, and communicating results to the organization verbally and in writing.
- Research and invent new synthetic processes and enhance existing processes
- Work with manufacturing and business personnel in process development and improvement projects for lab-scale work as well as for products manufactured in large-scale continuous and batch manufacturing plants
- Identify opportunities to increase yields, improve quality, or raise production rates of existing products, perform economic analyses to validate and prioritize opportunities, and initiate projects to implement recommended process improvements
- Develop processes for new products, guiding them from initial proposals to manufacturing successes
- Provide technical assistance to solve unexpected manufacturing problems and serve as a resource to assist in the qualification of new raw material sources
- Provide information to business tem with respect to advances in the key technologies employed in manufacturing and participate in the development of business organization technology strategies
- *Maintain laboratory safety as number one priority and be role model for safety and good housekeeping
- Conduct literature searches and laboratory experiments at the bench
- Analyze results, solve complex problems, and document conclusions
- Invent, improve, trouble-shoot and debottleneck processes
- Participate in development team effort from inception to commercialization
- Oversee operations of laboratory-scale and continuous reactors
- Work effectively with other chemists and chemical engineers
- Exhibit a high level of initiative
- There are 3 PhD’s and one BS Chemist in the lab
- PhD in Organic or Organometallic Chemistry, or related field, from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years of laboratory experience in Synthetic Organic chemistry
- Experience in the field of metal catalysts and catalytic hydrogenation highly desirable
- Demonstrated creativity and a desire to solve challenging and complex problems in chemical process development
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with others in a team environment building strong working relationships with a wide variety of people
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Oral communication – talking to others to convey information effectively
- Written comprehension – the ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Self-motivated and performance-oriented
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Larry Riederer at 815.756.1221 / email@example.com
I have over 20 years of experience with Chemical Personnel Search (CPS) . All we do is recruit and place people in the chemical industry nationwide. CPS has been recruiting chemists, engineers, sales people and supply chain since 1973. I work with 40 other recruiters.
I have a wide range of positions and levels.
The following are some of the areas: Polymers, Resins, Coatings, Adhesives, Inks, Composites, Plastics, Lubricants, Personal Care, Skin/Hair Care, Cleaners and Specialty Chemicals.
These can be: Organic/Polymer Synthesis, New Product Development, Analytical/Characterization, Quality Control, Process Development, Materials Science and others. These are from BS to Ph.D. and from Entry Level to Vice-President.
Specialties: We specialize in placing Chemists, Scientists and Managers in the industrial chemical industry
For more information please reach out!