Sensory Scientist II
Chicago, IL US
Sensory Scientist II
The Sensory Scientist II will be responsible for managing sensory projects focused on our ingredients & its different formats. This position will report directly to the Sensory Manager & work closely with ingredient science, analytical, data science, quality, R&D, engineering, & product development. The ideal candidate will have a background in flavor & sensory science & demonstrate a combination of technical & interpersonal skills.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on complex projects & recommend appropriate sensory testing to support projects based on the company’s objectives
- Participate in cross-functional product and ingredient development projects and guide activities on improving sensory aspects of products/ingredients
- Schedule, design & execute sensory tests, including panelist recruitment, survey software programming, sample prep, serving, & clean up
- Statistically analyze & report sensory data, drawing meaningful conclusions, & recommendations for product optimization
- Develop methodologies that allow correlating sensory and analytical results to guide product and ingredient development
- Create and maintain ingredient / product sensory lexicons
- Train & monitor performance of panelists
- Develop quality sensory protocols
- Stay updated on industry trends & emerging technologies related to sensory science, flavor chemistry, & contribute to innovation in product development
**If you'd like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Kristine O'Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Sensory, Food Science or technical/related field
- 5+ years of food industry experience in a sensory role
- Strong fundamental knowledge of sensory principles test design, execution & analyses
- Extensive working knowledge of all qualitative & quantitative sensory science methodologies specifically Spectrum™ descriptive analysis
- Competency in sensory survey softwares (experience in RedJade would be beneficial)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work enthusiastically within changing priorities
- Detail-oriented & organized
- Demonstrated understanding of food science & flavor chemistry in ingredient & finished product applications
- Experience correlating analytical methods such as GC-MS, e-nose and/or e-tongue data to sensory data
- Familiarity with plant and/or fungi based foods
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Kristine O’Sullivan at email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
The Food and Beverage Division specializes in the placement of technical professionals in the food and beverage industry from entry level to executive level candidates. I have a talented group of recruiters who specifically source Technical Sales Professionals, Scientists, Regulatory Affairs, Scientific Affairs, Executive Technical professionals, Quality Assurance, Product Development, Technical Service, Nutrition, Analytical and Corporate Chefs. We work on both a contingent basis for professional level searches and retained search for executive level searches. CPS, Inc. has been in the talent recruitment business for 40+ years and we recruit nationwide.