Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Houston, TX 77001
Job Summary: Shipping, packaging, inventory, safety, quality assurance
Packaging, shipping and receiving chemicals (raw materials) and finished goods in line with all safe practices. Employee must be able to operate in a fast-paced atmosphere all the while maintaining attention to granular details.
- This position reports to: Plant Manager; Scheduling Manager; Internal Controls Supervisor.
- Prepare orders by picking items per ticket and pulling products from racking and floor systems.
- Detail oriented – A must have for proper safety protocol, inventory counts, correct and complete tickets.
- Meets truck drivers and loads trucks according to regulations.
- Ensure compliance standards are met accordingly.
- Assists with orders during whole process from labeling to palletizing.
- Maintains quality assurance by working with cross-functional supervisors.
- Ability to soak in information to achieve full knowledge of product/ materials inventory.
- Maintains knowledge of security in the facility and/or oversees all visitors and the visitor log-in.
- Certification Must-have: Hazmat
- Preferred certifications but not required: DOT 29CFR, DOT 59 CFR, IATA, Industrial Powered Fork Truck Operating Certification
- Must have High School diploma or Equivalency
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds routinely in an 8-hour shift. (Physically demanding position)
Skills/Qualifications keywords for search ability: Safety Management, Deadline-Oriented, Equipment Maintenance Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Documentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Data Entry Skills and Dependability.
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.