Sourcing Manager, Innovation
Atlanta, GA 30303
Our client, an industry leading Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturing company is seeking a Sourcing Manager to manage the procurement needs for a leading Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) manufacturing company’s Innovation and New Product Development business unit. Responsibilities for this role include finding sources of supply in the global market, finding innovation applications, developing suppliers for innovation, develop design and agreements This is a very fast paced, changing environment so the ideal candidate will be nimble and quick thinking. The client is offering unlimited growth potential and a generous compensation package including bonus and full relocation package so that out of market candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Be able to apply innovation ideas and product concepts across Retail and Professional Categories.
- Ability to analyze data, using a total cost of ownership (TCO) approach.
- Must be able to synthesize and structure results for oral and written presentations with the ability of confident communication.
- Must work closely with the relevant cross-functional teams such as Product Development, Innovations leads and Legal.
- Support the professional sourcing requirements of the Business Innovation needs in the areas of:
- Developing category sourcing plans including value creation strategies.
- Strategic sourcing.
- Global supply market trends, market research, market intelligence.
- Category strategy development.
- Bid development and evaluation.
- Contracts: Negotiations and maintenance as well as internal and external contract compliance.
- Supplier: development, quality and relationship management, as well as performance tracking and reporting of value creation.
BA/BS, preferred in Supply Chain management, Engineering, Operations/Manufacturing
5+ years in a strategic sourcing role with manufacturing company managing a large spend of packaging (corrugate)
Independent thinker and team player
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.