Sr. Buyer, MRO & CapEx
Greater Los Angeles Area, CA
This Buyer will have assignments related to the procurement of Indirect Goods and Services & CAPEX Projects for Company’s West Coast chemical plants and will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the procurement effort related to MRO & CAPEX projects
- Request supplier quotations, prepare and select bid tabulations. Negotiate agreements, issue purchase orders.
- Assist Engineering teams in defining project scope
- Manage suppliers in all aspects i.e. relationship development, supplier performance, supplier HSE qualification and audit, price and contract negotiation etc.
- Enforce compliance with legal requirements and Company policy for purchase orders.
- Ensure on-site contractors are in compliance with Company’s HSE requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business and a minimum of five (5) years in an industrial manufacturing environment required
- Knowledge of SAP purchasing and maintenance modules preferred
- Must be self-motivated and have strong communication skills, strong negotiation skills, and strong knowledge of industrial plant equipment and the chemical industry
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.