Sr. Employee Benefit Account Manager
REMOTE, -- US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
An agency is in need of an experienced Sr. Employee Benefit Account Manager. Must have at least 3 years experience. Must have a strong work ethic, a drive to succeed and a "can do" attitude. Must have self funded experience. Knowledge of various carriers, ability to help with quotes and proposals, new business and renewals. Team management experience is a plus.
Primary Job Purpose
Manage an assigned book of business with a diverse clientele in numerous industries. Accounts may be fully insured, partially self-funded, self-insured or captive. Work within a team to take care of clients needs with the intent and purpose of working towards client retention.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Preparing pre-renewal, renewal, and marketing reports.
- Comparing health plan benefits and costs.
- Calculating employee contributions and working out contribution strategies to meet client's budgetary requirements.
- Prepare annual client service plans.
- Conducting annual open enrollment meetings, health fairs and webinars as needed.
- Collecting new client information.
- Authoring correspondence, communication materials and compliance notices as required.
- Negotiating rates and benefits.
Desired Core Skills
- Must have self funded experience!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Assist the Producer to organize and meet meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Proficiency with payroll management systems
- Knowledge of employee benefits/health plan implementation and administration.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience in, regulatory issues such as ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, as well as various state and federal regulations specific to health insurance.
- Ability to negotiate rates and benefits with carriers.
- Minimum of 4-year degree preferred.
- Four or more years working in group health insurance, or benefit brokerage/consulting.
- Life and Health license required
Meet Your Recruiter
I Joined CPS, inc’s Employee Benefits division earlier this year and feel like I’ve found my home. I recruit at all levels of experience within the qualified and nonqualified retirement plan industry. My expertise includes Talent Acquisition, Employee Onboarding & Assessment, Staff Development, Salary Analysis, Management Consulting, Career Consultation, and Candidate Generation. When I’m not in the office I enjoy spending time with my friends and family. You can find me refereeing for IHSA on the weekends and perfecting my euro-step like Lebron… Even though he travels… Get in touch with me about opportunities or if you want to chat about the latest games.