Sr. Manager, Merchant
My client, a leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products is currently seeking a Sr. Manager, Merchant for their Chicago location. In this role, you will work directly with the Director of Merchandising. The Sr. Manager, Merchant will be responsible for the overall portfolio strategy for assigned product categories. The Sr. Manager will select the product assortment and suppliers and present products to customers to drive revenue. The Sr. Manager will be considered the “business owner” of the assigned product categories.
- Develop strategies for all assigned products
- Research marketplace trends
- Select suppliers for new products and negotiate price
- Communicate plans to Channel Merchandisers
- Partner with marketing and supplier management
To be successful in this role:
- BA/BS, MBA preferred
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills
- Process oriented
- Ability to develop strategic relationships, internally and externally
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.