Sr. Purchasing Manager in Chicago
Chicago, IL US
I am a recruiter specializing in Supply Chain Management and I am working with a food manufacturing company recruiting for a Senior Purchasing Manager to join their dynamic team. I am reaching out to see if you would be interested or if you may know someone who would be a fit.
This position is in Chicago, Illinois and is in office 5 days a week. This is not a hybrid schedule. Below is an overview of the position:
Sr Purchasing Manager – Reporting to the Managing Director, this position will take a lead role in souring, developing strategies, negotiating, and administering contracts for the assigned category- Ingredients (sugar, corn syrup, vegetable oils, etc). This will be an integral role for the the company that leads raw materials purchasing strategy globally.
- Develop and implement negotiation strategies
- Work cross functionally with other departments with regards to sourcing initiatives
- Develop and implement cost reduction strategies
- Develop and manage strategic supplier sourcing and selection
- Work as a team to develop and implement procurement policies and procedures
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 10+ years in a strategic sourcing role with a manufacturing company
- 10+ years sourcing for assigned categories: Sugars, oils, chocolates, flavors, dairy powders
- Strength in contract negotiations
- Experience negotiating ocean freight, barge, rail and truck logistics
My client is offering a generous compensation package including bonus. If you are interested in hearing more, please contact me. If you are not interested, but know someone who may be, please refer them to me.