Sr. Sourcing Manager, Direct Materials
Atlanta, GA 30303
Our client, an industry leading Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturing company is seeking a Sr. Sourcing Manager to manage a $175M spend of Direct Materials (resins, ink, poly, dunnage, pallets, etc.) Responsibilities for this role include strategic category management including supplier relationship management, contracting and contract management, project management, developing strategies, building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop sourcing strategies.
- Use a total-cost-of-ownership (TCO) approach while identifying alternatives, assess associated risks, and conduct scenario-analysis.
- Understand the legal, technical, and commercial aspects of agreements.
- Effectively leverage the Strategic Sourcing Process.
- Develop, manage, and maintain key internal stakeholder and external supply relationships.
- Work with the cross functional team to understand current market and critical market drivers.
- Track and report key supplier performance metrics.
- Analyze results to measure value creation.
- Be a leader in promoting proper application of the Decision-Making Framework, challenge process, and economic and critical thinking skills.
- BA/BS, preferred in Supply Chain management, Engineering, Operations/Manufacturing
- 7+ years in a strategic sourcing role with manufacturing company managing a large spend of Direct Materials
- Proven Leadership
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.