Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager
The Sr. Sourcing Manager will focus on sourcing equipment (Converting Equipment and Packaging Equipment) for multiple locations with a spend to $100M. My client is an industry leader offering growth potential and a generous compensation package including full relocation.
*Work with stakeholders(business, operations, project management, engineering) to develop category sourcing strategies.
*Manage contracts, contract negotiations, and the contract process
*Develop and manage supplier relationships
• Work with key stakeholders within the business, operations, project management, and engineering organizations to develop category sourcing strategies.
• Develop Category and Sub-Category Overview documents and ensure appropriate communication with leadership, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams.
• Manage contracts, contract negotiations, and the contract publication process
• Work with and coordinate through various Sourcing, Procurement, and Cross Functional team members to effectively execute capital purchases in line with project expectations and need dates.
• Develop, monitor, and report key category supplier performance metrics including projects, success of implementations, cost savings, incremental margin, cost avoidance and other metrics as necessary.
• Develop and manage supplier commercial relationships in line with category market/sourcing strategies.
• Actively work with suppliers on new areas of value creation
• Proactively facilitate and manage dispute resolutions and drive towards understanding root causes
• Socialize, solicit feedback, synthesize and structure recommendations to present to leadership.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in purchasing/sourcing, capital projects, operations, maintenance, or supply chain.
- Willing and able to travel approximately 10-25%, possibly internationally
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or Business.
- At least 5 years of work experience in purchasing/sourcing, capital projects, operations, maintenance, or supply chain.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel to create and manipulate spreadsheets and analyze data.
- Experience with strategic sourcing and procurement.
- Experience with legal and commercial terms and negotiating equipment agreements
- Use of eProcurement / eSourcing tools
- Experience with manufacturing cost systems.
- Experience with SAP.
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.