Stewardship & Regulatory Manager / Sr. Manager - Animal Nutrition
Stewardship & Regulatory Manager / Sr. Manager – Animal Nutrition
Global coordinator and North American regional support for animal feed and health product regulatory approvals and compliance program for company’s animal nutrition product portfolio, including probiotics and enzymes.
- Provide global strategic feed innovation and approvals coordination and advocacy support across industries and regions
- Collaborate with individuals at varying company levels with global coordination focus
- Interact with global business unit leadership, product managers, R&D, and the marketing team
- Foster cohesion between the global and regional feed teams
- Liaise cross-regionally in the development and registration of new products
- Coordinate global project prioritization
- Coordination of global regulatory compliance for marketed products touching the feed industry, in conjunction with regional regulatory staff and product management supporting food industries
- Global focus on key trade associations across all regions; work with regional team leads on key company animal feed and health issues to ensure globally aligned positions
- Identify and communicate changes in policy; coordinate global efforts across regions to influence national regulations in areas related to the bioactives feed business through strong advocacy and leadership
- Monitor globally for emerging trends, policies, regulations and guidance in animal feed and health; analyze and communicate regulatory intelligence
- Evaluate implications of product and process changes, and advise innovation teams and product management on regulatory paths for product clearance of new product lines touching the animal feed / pet food industry
- Prepare and/or oversee compilation of regulatory dossier submissions to North American Animal Feed authorities, in conjunction with global product stewardship and regulatory staff
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in determining regulatory strategies for his/her areas of responsibility
- Continuously assess the regulatory landscape and changes in company innovation, and what is needed for the company in relation to this; implementation of any needed changes
- Translate goals of the company into a strategic plan for his/her areas of regulatory responsibility
- Responsible for communication of regulatory strategies and policies, and implementation
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Rigas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BS/MS in animal nutrition or life sciences. PhD preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- In depth knowledge and recognized for leadership and innovation in managing animal feed and/or animal health regulatory or similar program
- Experienced in interaction with and education of regulatory agencies and trade associations and track record in product clearance / registrations and regulatory advocacy
- Reasonable competency in computer/software tools needed for job and of systems needed to manage regulatory knowledge and submission
- Successfully impacted product introductions by providing regulatory guidance and/or successfully influenced decisions at plants to implement change
- Successfully implemented complex / controversial regulatory policies and strategies, and systems to improve data communication
- Demonstrated forming influence on the department (can be in non-technical/scientific manner) and/or strong impact on the success of future products and processes
- Successfully analyzed problems which require an in-depth understanding of the organization (problems often occur simultaneously and need prioritization)
- Experience in preparing clear, accurate regulatory submissions / dossiers or similar documents (e.g. technical reports / scientific papers)
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and coaching skills to drive an employee-driven work culture
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and people skills, attention to detail, ability to work with and lead teams
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced team driven environment
Section Manager/ Sr. Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting talent within the Food and Beverage Industry and proud to be part of CPS, Inc., which is on Forbes Top 20 Recruiting Firms list for 2017.
Being a manager and senior recruiter in the Food & Beverage group, our specialties include product development, quality, nutrition, regulatory, sensory, flavor development and application from entry level to executive.
I am part of a team of seven which provides more positions for candidates to consider and more candidates for client companies to consider. We pride ourselves in building long lasting relationships and assisting both candidates and client companies in achieving their goals.