Strategic Sourcing Manager
Global chemical manufacturer is looking for a procurement professional with a background in the chemical industry. This person will manage an annual spend of $25M covering several chemical categories. Qualified candidates will have 5+ yrs experience in strategic procurement- preferably chemical or closely related commodities. Candidates should have the ability to drive innovation, cost reduction, and continuous improvement.
Company is offering a base salary of $90-100K. Relocation assistance available for the right candidate.
- Manage chemical spend of $25-50M- phosphates, acids, magnesium sulfates, and other categories.
- Spend management and cost reduction. Measuring supplier performance via KPIs.
- Work through innovation and new product development
- Help sales close deals as the subject matter expert for commodity categories- commercialization and interaction with clients.
- Coordinate and negotiate sourcing activities for assigned spend.
- Act as a liaison between customers (internal and external) and suppliers.
- New Business Development
- Develop and deliver clear category management plans that will include evaluating existing supply relationships, annual requirement based goal setting and reviews.
- Participate in regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required.
- Work with a “team mentality” where you can support effective communication with all departments.
- Directly reports to Director, Strategic Sourcing.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Prior purchasing or sales experience required. (Experience in chemical manufacturing is preferred.)
- Ability to work across cultures and geographies.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable motor vehicle driving record.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
I work with clients and candidates on a national basis- filling positions specific to Supply Chain and Procurement. Focus is on chemical, food, and industrial verticals; covering all of supply chain management, procurement, planning, logistics, and transportation. I work with all levels, from buyers/analysts to VP level.
My goal is to provide the best candidates to client companies, while maximizing those candidates' opportunity for career growth.