Supply Chain Planning Lead
Chicago, IL 60606
Global leading ingredient manufacturing company is seeking a Supply Chain Planning lead to join their growing team.
This position reports to the Sr. Supply Chain Planning Manager and will have 1 direct report to start out, with a potential of adding 3-5 planners.
In this role, the Supply Chain Planning Lead will be responsible for managing the network supply of finished goods between the company’s North American production facilities; responsible for short term supply issues of finished products; work closely with sales and production plants to balance supply and best serve the customer.
The ideal candidate will have a BA/BS preferred in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or similar field; 5+ years of supply chain planning experience, preferred in a manufacturing environment; Proven leadership; Strong analytical skills; technically proficient.
- Main contact between sales/customer service and local planning
- Supply contact for key customers
- Responsible for maintaining target service level KPI for finished products
- Training for local plant production schedulers as needed
- Provide high level supply reports and updates for monthly meetings and other activities
- Work closely with cross-functional teams on product launches, changes, new developing projects, analysis, optimization and contingency planning
- Manage high level projects (network supply, production transfers, customer requirements, incorporating new investments into the supply network)
- Weekly and monthly review: Review new business quotes for availability
- Attend monthly calls with production plants, responsible for attainment to plan KPI
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a Supply Chain function (preferably in a manufacturing environment)
- Previous experience with SAP, OMP, and Business Objects beneficial
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.