Chicago, IL 60606 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
- Supervises and directs Human Resource staff or persons responsible for the human resource functions at U.S. locations including the areas of payroll, recruiting, compensation, and benefits
- Analyzes and responds to internal and external data including turnover, exit interviews, talent assessments, employee engagement surveys, benefit costs, and compensation
- Stays abreast of legislation changes affecting HR and reduces exposure through defensive HR practices
- Leads the strategy, design, implementation, communication, and administration of XXX total compensation programs, including base salary and short and long term incentives
- Directs all activities for the annual compensation review process, including budgeting, system support, communication, and implementation
- Aligns overall compensation strategy with performance and talent processes
- Leads the strategy, design, implementation, communication, and administration of XXX health and welfare benefits programs ensuring the programs adhere to current regulations, are competitive, and support the company’s strategic objective
- Analyzes benefit costs and makes recommendations on plan design, employee and company contributions, employee education and the enrollment process
- Manages the financial implications of benefit programs
- Influences organizational culture by identifying gaps in process, policy, communication, and training that diminish opportunity for enhanced individual performance
- Develops policies appropriate to the environment and regularly reviews, revises, and enforces policy through the Employee Handbook
- Maintains accurate employee records in accordance with company policy and state and federal regulations, and follows applicable document retention policies
- Fulfills duties of EEO and serves as AAP official
- Serves as Fiduciary on 401(k) plan and is an active member of the Retirement Plan Committee
- Counsels managers and employees in problem solving, dispute resolution, performance improvement, regulatory compliance, and litigation avoidance
- Evaluates and recommends HR operating system enhancements for improved efficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree in business or human resource management or an equivalent combination of education & experience
- SPHR or PHR preferred
- 10+ years HR generalist experience in mid-sized, multi-site company required
- Experience managing various HR disciplines required
Other Job Qualifications
- Possesses strategic focus, is decisive, displays good judgment, and has a strong operational focus.
- Articulates clearly, listens for understanding, and effectively influences individuals with varying backgrounds.
- Displays sound technical knowledge, analytical ability, and has proven execution/implementation success.
- Adaptability to performing under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Infrequent/frequent domestic travel required, defined as up to 5% of time
Meet Your Recruiter
SPECIALTIES: All Office & Human Resources related positions.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Direct hire placement, Executive search, Temporary placement, Temporary-to-hire placement and Project recruiting.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their goals by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.”