Tax Seniors and Managers- Public Accounting
Houston, TX 77001 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Do you have experience with Corporate Tax and Provisions? Are you looking for a firm with flexible hours / hybrid schedule that offers an opportunity to work across multiple industry groups?
Our client, a midsize CPA firm in the Houston area, is looking for Tax professionals at the Senior and Manager levels. If you'd like to learn more about these opportunities, please send updated resume to Jamie Hoban at email@example.com
Requirements & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following basic qualifications:
- At least 2 years of experience (5+ for Managers) at a public accounting firm with a heavy focus on corporate and partnership federal and state / local income taxation, including current or recent hands-on tax compliance work experience with a Regional or National accounting firm.
- In-depth knowledge in and extensive experience with tax provision preferred
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
The successful candidate will possess the following preferred qualifications:
- Prior “Big 4”, National or Regional accounting firm experience preferred.
- Experience with ProSystem fx Tax and Engagement, CCH, RIA, BNA and other tax preparation / research software.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to participate successfully in a sales-based culture with a commitment to expand the tax practice.
Education and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field.
- Advanced degree in accounting, tax or law is highly desirable.
- Active CPA license is required for Managers.