Tech Services Representative - TPU
Londonderry, NH 03038 US
This position will be responsible for providing technical support to our customers and sales staff for thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) materials. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to provide the highest level of Technical Service to our customers by performing hands-on work inside our laboratories and the factories of our customers.
- Routinely consult colleagues in Sales, Production, Quality, and Marketing to formulate solutions for our customers and uncover new opportunities.
- Adapt to ever-changing market conditions. Re-prioritize tasks at a moment’s notice to meet the needs of customers.
- Carry out all activities with a sense of passion. Proactively seek out solutions for the benefit of our customers.
- Take initiative to provide a fast response to customer inquiries. Demonstrate a relentless pursuit of new opportunities.
- Maintain and promote a safe and organized work environment.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, technical searches, and general office support skills such as computer programs for office work (e.g. Microsoft Office software).
- Prepare and distribute technical reports on internal laboratory work.
- Prepare and distribute a Call Report for each customer visit.
- Request input and feedback from supervisor and fellow associates when technical problems occur, or project timelines are threatened; ensures all project objectives are thoroughly understood.
- Ability to work within a Team Environment.
- Operate TPU laboratory machinery to conduct chemical trials.
- Familiar with analytical and physical test methods such as MVR, MFI, FMA, DSC, and FTIR.
- Mold test plaques for the evaluation of physical properties.
- Mold prototype parts to determine optimum processing parameters.
- Maintain laboratory equipment in proper working order and make certain the laboratory is stocked with standard supplies and raw materials.
- Examine and interpret experimental data, draw valid conclusions, and document all data in the assigned laboratory notebook.
- Design and execute laboratory experiments to solve complex problems.
- Submit analytical and physical analysis requests as needed.
Duties applied at the Customer Site
- Act as an ambassador of safety by demonstrating and promoting best practices when visiting customers.
- Work along side our customers to troubleshoot and optimize the production process.
- Work closely with customers and ask appropriate questions to clarify requirements, expectations and critical performance parameters.
- Manage production trials to evaluate experimental formulations, assist with new machine installations or new product launches.
- Prepare and present technical presentations.
- Interpersonal Skills to engage in a continuous dialogue with our customers to seek out new opportunities.
- Bachelor of Science Degree required; Chemistry, Chemical or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of experience; Thermoplastic Industry highly desired.
- Available to travel primarily domestic and some international (approximately 25%).
- Knowledge of thermoplastic injection molding and extrusion processes.
- Comfortable with a “hands-on” on approach to carry out internal laboratory trials, manage production trials at customers’ facilities and lead troubleshooting exercises.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Technical Recruiter
SPECIALTIES: All Industrial Research & Development Laboratory related positions including: Formulation Chemist; Synthetic Chemist; R & D Leadership; Analytical Chemistry; Technical Service; Regulatory; Project Mangers; Process Chemistry; Environmental and Health; Quality Positions; Material Scientist.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Specialty Chemicals, Building Materials, Polymers, Petrochemical, Agrochemical; Surface Cleaners; Ink; Surfactants; Resins.
The levels of candidates that I place include Chemists; Sr Chemists; Innovation; Directors; Quality Professionals; Technical Service Professionals; Production Supervisors; EHS Specialists; Scientist; Regulatory Professionals; and Laboratory Support Personnel.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their potential by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.